Monday, June 30, 2014

Adoption Update


Today, I wanted to give an adoption update! So many of you have asked where we are so hopefully this will explain things well.

First, I want to share some awesome news with those of you who have followed our journey for a while. Toward the end of 2013 after we had lost the referral for the girls, we began pursuing a little girl we named Eden. She is a beautiful little six year old with a very unique special need and she completely stole our hearts. In January of this year, when we received word that we had been miraculously matched with K, K and R, we had to give Eden back to the Lord and trust Him with her future. This was incredibly hard for me and I have cried MANY tears over this because I love Eden. She will always be a daughter in my heart. 

Not long after we began moving forward with the girls, I received word that Eden was actually matched with a family. We began looking into this to be sure that it was true. If it was true, then had we not been matched with the girls and had continued pursuing Eden we very likely would have discovered that she was not available to be adopted. Just a couple of weeks ago it was confirmed that Eden is matched with a family. We don’t know who or where her family is but we rejoice over God’s provision for such a precious little one. He has answered the prayers of many! Thank you to those who earnestly prayed for her!

Ok, now on to what’s going on with us...

As you probably know, we received the coveted No Objection Certificate back in May. We believe our case has been entered into the court system, but we aren’t 100% sure since we’ve not received any official news from the home (not for lack of trying). I honestly just don’t think the lawyers tell the home anything until court is over and done with, but that’s just my opinion. 

I’ve been tracking court cases online. Each state has their own court system and they are all set up differently. Some states court cases are easier to track than others. I got a few pieces of key information which led me to a specific district court where I found a lot of adoption cases including ones for girls home. BINGO!!! I researched (think hours in front of the computer) loads of adoption cases so I could learn the system. It appears that cases move swiftly through court with this particular judge. I found one recent case (#92) that mentioned the submission of a scrutiny report AND an NOC report. I think this is our case but there's a chance it's not. 

There is a hearing for Case #92 on July 2 (this Wednesday or Tuesday night for us). Based on the court notes from other cases, after this hearing we should have a pretty good idea if this is really our case or not. If this IS our case, then there should only be one other hearing which is where it will be approved or denied. 

Once our case is approved then K, K and R will be officially our daughters and then we will be able to share their pictures and full names. Can’t wait for this!

After verbal orders comes written orders. This can take a couple of weeks. After written orders, they will apply for the girls’ passports and then... WE GET ON A PLANE AND GO GET ‘EM!!!!!!

We just applied for our Indian visas. We drove up to Atlanta on Friday and turned our applications in. We should have these back sometime this week or next week! 

I’ve been nesting off and on. I’m trying to get our house ready.  Brayden helped me put together an IKEA storage shelf for the girls room. 

Some of you have asked if we have everything we need. Uh no, no we don’t have everything we need. Here is a list of things we need for the girls:

  • leggings or “under shorts” in any color (sizes 2T, 3T, 4T, 5T and 6/7)
  • undies in any color, or character (sizes... yeah I don’t know. see sizes above)
  • socks in any color (maybe sizes 4-12??)
  • pajamas; preferably short sleeve or sleeveless night gowns (sizes 3T, 4T, 5T, 6/7)
  • baby dolls in any skin colors and doll accessories 
  • dress up clothes up to size 8
  • girly books
  • appropriate toys
  • Need to borrow an Ergo or toddler sized wrap (for child up to 30-35lbs) that is comfy.


Y’all pray for my sanity as we go through this final phase. I swear adoption brain is 10 times worse than pregnancy brain. You can’t trust me to remember anything! I’m just so ready to go and there’s so much to do... I need prayer.

Alright well, that’s the update! Hopefully another post coming on Thursday!

Until next time! -K

No comments:

Post a Comment