Sunday, August 10, 2014

Happy 3rd! Happy Last!

This evening at our small group, we celebrated R's 3rd birthday and her LAST birthday without her family! We had cake (with her name spelled right this time) and we blew out three candles for her. We got a vanilla butter cream cake, but I'm betting she will probably like CHOCOLATE (like her mamma)! 




Tonight as we sleep, I pray that our little R gets a little extra love from the aunties. I hope she knows how special she is. I'm really, really hoping we get some "birthday pictures" like we did for K & K! That would just be icing on the cake! Lance says he would rather them just expedite our case so we can hurry up and take our own pictures! Haha I like the way he thinks!



Court Update:

I don't think I've mentioned court since this post, but the last case that I was tracking during July (#106) turned out to NOT be our case. God had prepared my heart for this news several days before we found out for sure, but it was discouraging none the less as it pushed our travel date out by at least another 4-6 weeks. 

There is some hopeful news though! There were 3 identical cases registered in the courts on July 21st. I saw these cases entered just before the second hearing of Case #106. It took some time for things to register in my brain but it finally hit me that we have THREE children, and the lawyers asked us for THREE copies of everything, so logic would tell me we probably have THREE separate cases (one for each child) instead of just one case for all three. Are these our three cases? Maybe, but we have no idea. No word about court from the home. No other cases have been entered into the courts. 

These three cases have their first hearing on August 14th... so THIS Wednesday night! At this hearing they will enter the scrutiny report (whatever that is) and schedule the second hearing for the petition of evidence. This second hearing is the important one that will tell us if these are our cases or not. Supposedly the children will be present in court and they will mention them by name in the court notes. We should know when this evidence hearing is scheduled for by next Monday. Once again, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but everything in me says "These HAVE to be our cases, right???? I mean they just have to be!"

As I mentioned in my last post, God has given me a lot of contentment about things. I am truly at peace with things right now. I ask God daily to continue to give me peace and strength as we wait. While I am at peace, I still long for them to be in my arms, and we are still praying for movement on behalf of the girls! 

Here is what we are praying right now:

  • We are praying these are our cases!
  • We are praying they will schedule the second hearing for these cases within the month of August!
  • We are praying that IF these are our cases they would be passed within the first week of September so that we can hopefully travel mid to late October. (This would be an awesome birthday present for me, and I would LOVE to be in India for Diwali!)
I will update you on the blog as soon as I find out when the next hearing is scheduled for. I'm still on FB break. I had to reactivate my account this morning to deliver some pictures and have just logged out for the time being, so if you send me any messages or notifications I won't get them until probably Saturday. Thank you all for your prayers and for asking us how things are going! It means so much!

Until next time! -K

No comments:

Post a Comment