Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Recent Life Via Pics!


We just got back from a week in the North Georgia mountains for Thanksgiving! It was fan-freaking-tastic! Lance said he’s ready to move up there. If only it were that easy.

Here’s how Thanksgiving Day went...
















Lance, the boys and I got out and went for a ride a couple of times. Here’s a picture from one of those rides.


We drove to Cleveland, GA and visited an old general store from the 1870s. I loved looking at all the antiques.


We passed by Babyland General Hospital where all the Cabbage Patch Kids are born into the world. I went there when I was a girl. I wanted to go, but Lance refused to take me. He said I had to wait until we had a daughter to go with us. *Sigh*

There are lots of interesting things to see in the North Georgia mountains. Some more interesting than others...

I don't know either.
Luther with his back legs in the seat, his front legs on the floor and
his head on the center console!
Loved this!
Because rednecks need high thread count, too!
This truck said "Army" on the side but I'm pretty
positive it was not a government issued vehicle!
Mom really like the mannequin's hair so she tried it on!
Christmas is almost here y'all! This is the first year in about three years that I’ve been in the Christmas spirit enough to get the tree out and actually decorate it. The last couple of years Lance has put the tree up around mid December because I just wasn’t up to it. Anyways, this year is different and I was ready to have a fully decorated tree. Before we left, I had gotten a new Christmas tree and put it up, but I couldn’t find my ornaments. It turned out that our ornaments were in North Georgia! My mom had taken them up there with a bunch of her stuff. 

So, I got my tree decorated yesterday! Woohoo! I like colored lights and mismatched ornaments because my mom’s trees were always perfect trees with white lights and perfectly matched ornaments. While they were awesome, I secretly always wanted colored lights and different ornaments. Well, I am 30 years old which means I am an adult now, so I can make my tree whatever I want it to be! Here it is! Excuse my messy desk... you know adoption paperwork.


This is an ornament I bought to remind me to pray for Eden whenever I see it. It sticks out like a sore thumb on my tree but that’s ok, one day it will fit right in! :)


We also are doing a Jesse Tree this year with the boys. I did NOT have time to buy or make actual Jesse Tree ornaments so we just do the devotion at night and then hang an ornament on the tree to mark the day. I’m enjoying this time with the boys. I found this nativity set in my ornaments. Not sure where it came from but it's ok with the Jesse Tree. :)


While we were in the mountains, my family surprised me with a month late birthday celebration! They gave me a Keurig! I love it! It totally rocks!

I am really excited about Christmas this year! God has given me so much JOY and I am thankful for every ounce of it! Everyone I know is doing the Elf on the Shelf thing for their kids. We tried that a few years ago but after a few days Brayden decided he did not care for the elf "running around" at night. I found these remains shoved under the tv stand. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry... or take my child to a psychologist. 


Last night Brayden asked if we would get another elf. I laughed and said, "Nope, no more elves for this family!"

Well, that's about it for now. Hope you all are enjoying the holiday season as much as we are!

Until next time! -K


No comments:

Post a Comment