Thursday, December 5, 2013

God Answers Prayers!


Oh my goodness, y'all! I keep saying, “God is up to something! He is moving!” and that is becoming more and more evident as each day passes! Thank you to those of you who have been praying for our family and for little Eden. I want to share with you an example of the power of prayer! I won’t be able to use names and locations in this story, because we need to protect the identity of Eden, but some of you will know immediately who this story involves! 

The story starts with another family who adopted a little girl from !ndia this fall. We met this family about a month before they traveled and they are just the type of people that after a few minutes you feel like you’ve known them for years. They have such a heart for the gospel, for orphans and for !ndia!

This family’s little princess needed a surgical procedure for her special need and they had found a doctor in another state in !ndia who was willing to do the procedure. They flew to !ndia, picked up their daughter, flew across the country to a different state and had the procedure done, and then flew to the US Embassy and then back home. They were in country for about one and a half months and I followed their blog like it was a best seller. It really helped lift my spirits as we had just been devastated by the news of losing the three girls. I saw how God was faithful to their family and I knew that he would be faithful to mine as well.

Well, I contacted the mom last week because Eden is in the same state where their daughter had surgery. I wanted to check and see if they happened to have any contacts that might be able to help us with travel if and when the time came (Remember, I’m a control freak. I like to plan even if it seems absurdly premature.). I explained our situation and I shared a picture of Eden so that they could have a face to pray for. 

Yesterday, the mom sent me a message that completely blew my mind! If it turned out to be true, it would be a complete miracle and I was just so excited! She told me that while they were in the hospital for their daughter’s procedure they spent some time getting to know her doctor/surgeon. She said he was a kind and generous man who really cared for children. He volunteered his time and services frequently, and shared with them that he even sponsored four children in a local orphanage (he paid for their schooling, clothing, gifts, etc). She went on to say that he mentioned that one of those four children was a little girl with the same special need as Eden (which is extremely rare) and he showed them her picture. He told them that they had been seeking a family to adopt her. 

The mom went on to write, “I don’t know if it’s Eden, but my husband swears it’s the same little girl. If this turns out to be true... I have to share with you that after the doctor showed us that picture we prayed with him that God would provide for her. I just got chills!” and I got chills at that moment, too, because WOW! I quickly asked her if she would email the doctor the picture and ask him if it was the same little girl and she emailed him right away. We waited for waking hours in !ndia!

This morning she messaged me back confirming that this doctor is indeed sponsoring Eden and she shared a picture that he sent of the two of them together! I am just floored! What are the odds that OUR FRIENDS prayed for God’s provision for this little girl and months later we are pursuing that very child? It would be one thing if our friends had shared with us about Eden, but nope, God brought Eden into our lives through somebody totally different! I’m telling you guys GOD IS DOING SOMETHING! Even if it turns out that Eden is not the daughter God has for our family, he is moving and he has something awesome planned for this little girl! 

Join with me in praising the Lord that he hears our prayers and he is faithful! My scripture anthem for our adoption has been Ephesians 3:20-22, “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” He is able to do far more than we could ever even imagine and I cannot wait to see what that will be! Continue to pray with us that we will quickly receive Eden’s files. I am praying hard that we have them before this month is out!

I cannot wait to share with you guys the whole story of how all this came about and how God has been weaving this story together. It’s truly amazing!

Until next time! -K

1 comment: