Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful for YOU!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you all have had your fill of great cookin’ and got lots of hugs from family and friends. We are up in the North Georgia mountains with my family and it’s been a great break. Nothing to do and nowhere to go. That’s what I’m talking about. :)

I was thinking this morning about all the many blessings that God has bestowed upon our family. We have so much to be thankful for. One of the things that we are exceptionally thankful for is you guys. We are so grateful for the friends and family who love us and support us... especially those of you who have supported us over the last year as we have traveled on this adoption journey. So many of you have prayed for us, counseled us, blessed us, encouraged us, rejoiced with us, mourned with us... high and low, you’ve journeyed with us. I cannot imagine going down this road without you all! There just are not words that are adequate enough to express our gratitude. Thank you!

Because you all are such an important part of this journey, we want to open up and be real with you guys. We have been reluctant to share this, but we want you to be aware of where we are right now. Our main motivation for sharing this is to recruit more prayer warriors. We feel a heavy burden to pray and pray hard. We covet your prayers for this situation!

Many weeks ago, God began to burden our hearts for a specific little girl who has been waiting for a family for years because of her “special need”. We most definitely did not see this coming... at all! God completely wrecked me in ways I never expected, and while it was tough, it was a beautiful thing. We aren’t real sure what God is doing, but he is definitely up to something! As weeks passed our hearts for this this little girl grew bigger and bigger, and we both felt very strongly that we were supposed to pursue her. So, for the last few weeks that is what we have been doing. I cannot wait to share all the ways that God has worked to bring us to this place. It’s truly amazing and I am completely overwhelmed by it.

I really cannot go into further detail, although I’m dying to. I want to be honest and say that we have no clue how this will all play out. It could be months before we know anything. We don’t know if God is taking us down this road because this is our daughter or for another reason, but we are trusting that he will continue to lead us faithfully as he has over the last year.

While I can’t tell you where she is or much of anything else, I will share that we have seen her face, her beauty is mesmerizing, and we have given her the name “Eden” (we aren’t fond of the “nickname” she has been given at the orphanage). 

So, please, please, please, pray for Eden and for us. I cannot stress enough how strongly burdened we are to pray for her and for this situation. I’ve mentioned spiritual warfare before and I believe that we are at war right now. Will you join us in battle? Will you send up prayers for this precious one? 

I love this quote by Helen Keller, 

“I cannot do everything, but I can do something. I must not fail to do the something that I can do.”

You can do something and that something is praying. 

Here are things you can pray for:
-Pray for Eden; that God would protect her and comfort her.
-Pray for our agency; that God would give them wisdom and favor.
-Pray for the workers at the orphanage; that they would communicate well and send the info we need.
-Pray for us; that God would give us peace and strength as we wait for answers and that we would trust in God’s sovereignty.

Thank you once again for all of your support! You are a blessing to our family! -K

P.S. - In order to guard the hearts of our children, we have decided not to tell them about Eden until, God willing, we receive state approval. Please be conscientious of that. :) 

2 comments:

  1. You already know I'm praying like crazy!!!! I'm SO happy that you decided to share... You are going to need alll the love and support you can get. You are on the front lines fighting for her!!! So excited for Eden, so excite to see God writing her story and I can't wait for a "reunion" (I know you know what I mean!) lots of love and many prayers to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post! Jack and I will be praying for you guys. I think you are doing the right thing by keeping as much as you can on the DL. God will show you His purpose and it will be more than what you ever thought it could be. <3 Michelle T.

    ReplyDelete