Wednesday, September 26, 2012

This Old Man, He Played SIX...


Today, my friends, is my eldest child’s 6th birthday. How in the world did SIX years go by so stinkin fast? Did I find a Delorean in 2006? Nah, I think I would have remembered that. 

To convince you of what an amazing mother I am, I am doing the required “birthday blog post” for Brayden. Enjoy the pictures. :)

First, let’s start out with a good before and after picture picture because every mom knows the birth of your first child changes more than your sleep...


See? I was skinny and flat chested before having a baby. 


See? I was not skinny OR flat chested after having a baby... well, at least until 6 years later.

Ok, now that we have the important stuff out of the way, let’s talk about Brayden’s actual birthday. 

Remember how I told you I have issues with control? Well, that was true six years ago when I was pregnant. I had my whole perfect labor and delivery planned out! Literally! I had hired a doula and typed up copies of my very specific birth plan to give the doctors and nurses (Oh, how they would have laughed at that while they ate the goodies from my nurses goodie basket). Guess what? Yeah, didn’t happen... not a single bit of it. 

Brayden apparently takes after his mother in the fact that he is extremely hard headed. He takes after his father in the fact that he has a big head! He just could not swing that sucker around as much as he tried, and yes he actually tried,  I felt it. He was butt first breech. I think they have a technical term for it, but I like “butt first breech.” So, I didn’t get to experience regular labor and deliver... I got gutted like a fish.

At 7:44AM on September 26th, it was worth it...







Being a mom is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, but it’s also one of the most amazing things I’ve ever done. There are no words to describe how instantly you can love someone until you hold your baby for the first time. I still stare at them from time to time and wonder how it is that these children are mine... that they came from my own body. It blows my mind how creative our God is. 

Happy 6th Birthday to my big baby boy!

Until next time! -K

No comments:

Post a Comment