Monday, September 24, 2012

Sometimes You Need a Spanking


I am on a roll with this blogging thing! Watch, now I won’t post again for a month. ;-)

I wasn’t planning on posting anything today. I’m supposed to be cleaning, but I thought I would share how my morning has been...

First off, I woke up with a lot of anxiousness. Just to be completely honest, I look at the things God has called us to do and I feel so helpless. I see all the mountains that must be moved and I scream, “IMPOSSIBLE!” I’ve already told you guys I have issues with “control”, so this feeling of being helpless is not comfortable. Nope, not one tiny bit. I want so bad to be able to do something to move us in the right direction but  I can’t and I know none of these things will be of our doing. Unfortunately, I have as much trouble with patience as I do control. 

Shortly after waking up this morning, I read a post on FB by a sister in the Lord. I think God was giving me gentle encouragement, and I took it to heart but apparently it did not sink down far enough, because as I got my body moving, my thoughts and fears and frustrations also got moving. I tend to get frustrated very easily (because of the whole patience and control thing), and of course when I get frustrated I do what every normal 3 year old does... I pitch a royal fit! 

So, while I cleaned, I made a point of praying very specifically. I very specifically pitched a fit to God. I told him I was frustrated that he had put all these things on our hearts, gave us a vision, and then sat back to watch as we run around like we are in a corn maze (or at least that’s how it feels too often). I said, “What do you want me to do??? Why does this seem so hopeless???” After getting that off my chest, I continued to pray about different things but that frustration was still there. “Seriously,” I thought, “Why does everything in my life have to be so difficult? Why can’t things just go the way I want them to every once in a while?!?!” Ha, I should know better than to pitch a fit to God!

I decided after I finished cleaning one ENTIRE room successfully that I would take a little break and look for some encouragement in the Word. I found something else... my place! I got spanked! Somehow I wandered into the book of Job and here is what I read:

“Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth. Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements—surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Or who shut in the sea with doors when it burst out from the womb, when I made clouds its garment and thick darkness its swaddling band, and prescribed limits for it and set bars and doors, and said, ‘Thus far shall you come, and no farther, and here shall your proud waves be stayed’? Have you commanded the morning since your days began, and caused the dawn to know its place, that it might take hold of the skirts of the earth, and the wicked be shaken out of it?” (Job 34:4-13)

Well played, God... well played.

Have a good week y’all. Until next time. -K

No comments:

Post a Comment