Monday, June 18, 2012

None Of Us Would Be Here Without Our Dads, So Thanks... A Day Late!

September 26, 2006... the day that Lance and I became parents (Well, actually it was some day back in early January 2006 but we won't discuss that here). I will never forget this day. It's crazy how you can love someone so much so instantly.

Being a parent is one of the most amazing adventures and one of the most difficult challenges in life. I think becoming parents is part of the reason we have come to believe in the Doctrine's of Grace. We have definitely witnessed the whole "total depravity" part and it is DEFINITELY God's grace that we are not alcoholics. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can go to my other blog and read about it here)

Yesterday was Father's Day. I was going to come up with some silly reason why I saved this post for today but let's just be honest, I didn't finish it yesterday. I'm okay with that. I would rather not get lost in all the Father's Day posts anyway. :)

So, this is me publicly saying that my husband is one of the best dads on the planet. Our boys love him so much. I thought it would be sweet to share the drawings the boys drew yesterday, so below is how we each see Lance...

Brayden's view






































Apparently, Brayden see's his dad as a super villain. I mean, look at those eyebrows and that sly grin. Nice goatee even though Lance has a full beard. Of course Brayden is Batman. What is it they say? Always be yourself... unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.


Asher's view






































Seems as though Asher has really picked up on how much weight Lance has lost recently (I'll touch on the weight loss in another post fairly soon).


Mommy's View (When she closes her eyes)










Like Brayden, I'm a fan of Batman too. ;-)


Happy Father's Day plus 1 to all the dads out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment