Wednesday, October 8, 2014

We Are Down To Just Weeks!


It's really hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact, but we are down to mere weeks before we will hold our daughters in our arms for the first time. The wait is getting harder... not easier. I honestly can't even fathom getting on the plane. None of it seems real. I sit here looking at these suitcases full of stuff and I feel like I'm just pretending and all of this is just fake. It's weird. I'm not sure when reality will sink in.  

The girls' passports were applied for on September 29th and it should take about 10 business days. They've had a couple of holidays over the last week, though. We asked the home if we could travel on October 22nd and pick the girls up on October 27th. They responded that they thought it would be better if we waited until after the first week of November. We assume this is because of all the holidays in October. This was disappointing because we REALLY wanted to experience Diwali (the festival of light) in India and of course it's simply two more weeks we will have to wait for the girls. 

We have made plans to leave November 5th and pick up the girls on November 10th. We've asked the home if this is okay with them and we've also asked if they would consider letting us still come to pick up the girls on October 27th if the passports get done by October 17th. We haven't gotten any responses yet. Hopefully we will hear this week!

If we get to leave  on October 22nd, we are only TWO weeks away! Wow, just typing that gives  me a knot in my throat! If we leave Nov 5th, we are only FOUR weeks away! It's just so hard to believe! 



In the meantime, we are working on getting things squared away here. 

I've been organizing the girls room some more. I've hung all their shirts and dresses and put all their little pants, leggings, pjs, socks and panties in their drawers. I cleaned out their closet and have donated many, many loads of stuff to local charities. I can't wait to have the room all put together. I had really wanted to paint but I have no idea when that will happen.

I also began to pack things. I have the girls' suitcase completely packed. I'm just praying it doesn't weigh over 50lbs!!! I had to go to the store to get some things on our packing list. It's amazing how much stuff you need! I've scoured the internet for travel and packing tips and found a lot of great ideas! Now if my adoption fried brain can just bring it all together!  





My dear friend, Katie, threw us a shower for the girls this past Sunday, and that was such a huge blessing! We felt very loved! We got a lot of clothes for the girls and quite a few gift cards which are awesome since we aren't 100% sure of their sizes. I can't wait to take my girls shopping! Eeeek!

I've started coupon-ing again because, um, well we are about to double our family size so mamma needs to get some deals! I need to find a deep freezer so I can stash meats and stuff! We don't have a lot of freezer space in our bottom drawer freezer. I'm not a fan! 

I've been getting caught up on laundry. I need to go through and minimize everyones wardrobes so that we have less laundry to do. I'm about to be swimming in laundry.

We're still home schooling. Some days/weeks are better than others. I kind of feel like I'm just surviving life right now and probably will be for a while after the girls come home, so I doubt this years homeschooling will be my crowning glory. Kids are learning so that's what matters. 

On a different note, God has really been answering our prayers in recent weeks. It's been such a wonderful reminder that he knows all of our needs and desires. 

I had started to stress about whether or not we had enough money for travel. Prices have been going up. Grrrr! Well, it turned out we had $5,000 extra in our adoption fund and we have no idea where it came from! Now we are all set for travel. No worries about $$$ at all! Praise the Lord!

I've also been praying and hoping that we would be able to gather some pieces of information regarding the girls' past to save for them when they begin to ask questions. This week, the Lord guided me to some of this information online and I am so thankful! It was a bit sobering to see details of the things that happened almost three years ago, but I know that what I found is invaluable! 

Whew! That was a lot! 

Please continue to pray for us as we prepare to travel. Pray that the passports are finished quickly and if the Lord wills that we will be able to travel on Oct 22nd as we had hoped. I'll update you all once we get more news! 

Until next time! -K

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you and your girls as this momentous day gets closer!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete