Thursday, October 23, 2014

Passports!


Tuesday, while I was out at Lance's parents house, my phone made my favorite sound. I finally learned how to make a VIP contact in my email so that when I get an email from that person my phone will ring with a special ringtone. I've set this up for our agency rep. This has helped me not to check my email 50 million times a day. Why I didn't think to do that two years ago I have no idea. Anyways, Tuesday that wonderful ring tone filled my ears!

WE HAVE PASSPORTS!!!!!!! That was our LAST step! We could have left that day if the home would have allowed it but they want us there on November 10th so we leave in less than two weeks! 

The home sent pics of the passports but I think they accidentally sent the back portion of Khushboo's twice so right now I only have pics of Kashila's and Rabina's. I may or may not have squealed when I saw these! 





If feels so amazing to know that we have nothing left to be waiting on except time itself! We have a lot to do over the next two weeks. It's just so unbelievable that we are at the finish line! The finish line that seemed to continually move over the horizon has now stopped eluding us and has actually been moving closer to us. 

I can't even begin to explain how it feels to be here... so close. I remember when many of our friends were at this spot I tried to imagine what it would feel like to be there one day and I just couldn't. Now I'm here and I can't even adequately verbalize what it's like. In some moments I am completely flooded with all sorts of emotion. In other moments I kind of blank out and I try to find some type of grounding in reality. This usually leads to another flood of  all sorts of emotion. 

For example, last night we went to eat at the Indian restaurant for my birthday. As I sat there, I started to get really... I don't even know what I was, but I was about to cry – ugly cry. I sucked it up and shook it off, because I knew the drama of tears at the table would have brought on an onslaught of questions that I had no answers for. I didn't know what was wrong with me or why I wanted to burst into tears or anything. 

I'm positive this will only get worse as we move closer and closer. Lord help us all! 

Well, I best get to cleaning and packing. I'll post Khushboo's passport pic as soon as I get it! 

Until Next time! ~K

1 comment: