Monday, May 19, 2014

Unlocked


For a few days now, I’ve battled internally about when I should open up our blog again. I was torn because a lot of me wants it to be open so people can freely follow our journey of adoption and keep up with our family, but another part of me is a protective momma bear who doesn’t want to risk any chance of facing another devastating loss. I asked other adoptive Indi-mommas and I got mixed opinions, so I decided to pray to the ultimate authority and ask the Lord to lead me. Why this wasn’t my go-to option I don’t know.

After some conviction in my heart, I came to the conclusion that I needed to open it back up again. Here are the things that I led me to this conclusion:

  • We have NOC and that is one of the most crucial milestones in an Indian adoption.
  • I was reminded that I am still not in control of this journey. The reality is that locking my blog down really doesn’t give me any control. God’s will ultimately will come to fruition, and that’s been proven many times in this process.
  • By trying to be in control and protect things, I’m not able to be an encouragement to those who might be in the process of adoption or considering it or even just people who are struggling knowing if God cares or provides or works miracles. 
  • I want my blog to proclaim the greatness of our God! He has been moving mountains and parting seas for our girls to come home, and I want to shout about it from the rooftops!
  • My blog is set to be unsearchable. You can’t google our names and find our blog. You can find a lot of other things but not this blog. I will change this once we get our verbal court orders. 


So there you have it! Welcome to the unlocked Spin Cycle Diaries! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment