Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 5: Chick-Fil-A and Hamstrings



DAY FIVE!!! Y’all, after today, I will have gone five, count em, five whole days without eating lots of foods I love (aka BREAD). Jesus said that man cannot live on bread alone, but I’m pretty sure I could come close. No bagels (I told Lance last night that a bagel would have rocked my pants off at that moment... he offered to go get me a bagel), no toast, no sandwiches, no pizza, no crackers, no pasta, no granola bars, no sweets and... NO Chick-Fil-A!

Hang on while I go rip my clothes and pour ashes on my head. Kidding... well sort of. I miss my Chick-Fil-A y'all! 

Jeff Fox Worthy had a hilarious bit on Chick-Fil-A complete with a Nell impression. I have called it Chick-Fil-lay-lay for years now. Unfortunately I cannot find a video of that anywhere, so here’s a runner up...





Over all, things have been going pretty well so far. Not as horrible as I thought. I really do feel that God has strengthened me and begun to give me a healthier view of food. I found out yesterday that I can still eat grits on a gluten free diet. That made me oddly happy. Although, yesterday was an exception for the whole “going pretty well” thing. Yesterday was about as fun as when your child steps in a huge pile of doggy poo and then proceeds to do laps around the living room. Yesterday = Crapy.

Lance woke me up at like 6:00am so we could do our Can You 24 “Melt” workout. I was still sore from the first time we did that. Apparently I didn’t stretch or warm up well enough because as soon as I went into my first set of lunges it felt like somebody was ripping my hamstrings out of both my legs. I have NEVER had hamstring issues, so I have no clue what the deal was, but I was hurting pretty badly. I decided not to continue the workout for fear that I would injure myself more than I already had. I could barely walk. I went back to bed for a while and when I woke up I iced both legs. That helped some... or maybe the help came from the 800mg of Ibuprofen that I took. Who knows. I moved around as little as possible which was probably a good thing because I was craving sweets and carbs something fierce. I went back to bed around 1:00pm and when I woke up my legs were much, much better. Still, not a fun day!

Today, I woke up feeling better still! Yay! I didn’t do the workout this morning but I may do the Core Stretch this afternoon. I’ll see how things feel.

I’m not going to tell you my weight (a lady never tells that), but I will share my progress. As of today, I am down 3lbs and I’ve lost over 7.5 inches all over. I feel better during the day (except for yesterday) and I’m sleeping better at night. Praise the Lord for the start of a healthier body!

The gluten free deal is frustrating a bit, but I’m really praying that it will help make my body healthier and cure my acne. I think going gluten free is frustrating mainly due to this...




There are a TON of awesome gluten free recipes... for desserts and breads and waffles and more desserts. While I am loving the fact that there are recipes for these things, I kind a would like some real meal ideas! I guess I will just have to go buy a cookbook soon. 

Okay, so I guess that’s my update. I can’t really think of anything else right now. I will just plan to give another update in a few days. :)

Until next time! -K

No comments:

Post a Comment