Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday Randomness


Today I thought I would do a “random thoughts” post because I have LOTS of random thoughts and because it makes for a super easy post. I ain’t gonna lie... I’ve got a lot to do today, so I gotta knock this out while I drink my coffee. Normally I drink Spark, but this morning I was craving a nice, big, dark, delicious cup of French pressed coffee. 

See my favorite handmade mug? And my hotplate? 

Since this a “random thoughts” post I feel I have the freedom to now share my thoughts on French pressed coffee. I love it! It took me a while to find the magic mixture of coffee, water and time, but now that I have that down, I seriously do love my French press! I know this sounds weird, but I like how it makes the coffee “dirty”. It’s like it’s more earthy or something. Am I just a strange bird or do other people like this too? I don’t, however, enjoy cleaning my French press. That sucks.

Speaking of cleaning that sucks... The day that my boys learn to get ALL of their pee inside the toilet will be one of the happiest days of my life! I walked in the bathroom the other day while Asher was doing his thing and noticed that doing his thing meant painting the walls with urine. Want to see Mommy snap? Paint the walls with urine. *Sighs* Yeah, I hope that day comes in this decade. 

Moving on... I’ve lost almost 15 lbs in the two weeks since our “roller coaster” started. While I am all for losing 15 lbs, I don’t really recommend doing it the stress and anxiety route. Some people eat when they are stressed or depressed, but not me. I stop eating and start sleeping. Things are better, though. My anxiety level has GREATLY decreased and I’ve started eating again. Lance and I came to a decision on some things, and God has given me a lot of peace about it. I still don’t have all the answers and I know that things may change in the future, but I really am at peace (which feels soooo much better). Thank you to those of you who have been praying for us and supporting us!

This has been helpful!

I’m going to go down a spiritual rabbit trail for a moment... A while back, I read on one of the blogs I stalk about spiritual warfare during adoption. I thought it was an interesting post and something I had not thought of much before we started the adoption process. Just to give you a little background info, I am sort of a spiritual mutt. As a young child I grew up in a very charismatic non-denominational church and then we moved to an Assembly of God Church where I spent all the years leading up to me and Lance getting married. After we got married, we went with a new church plant that started out AG but is now non-denominational and pretty similar to Presbyterian. The pendulum has swung pretty wide for me. While I have seen God grow me tremendously through this shift, I am a fairly strange mix theologically because of the things I have personally experienced. 

I say all of that to say I’ve seen and experienced things in my life that will not allow me to dismiss the truth of spiritual warfare, and boys and girls, let me say this... adoption is indeed spiritual war! When I read that post months ago I just kind of tucked the warnings away in the back of my mind but over the last month I am absolutely, positively convinced that there are spiritual forces that hate adoption and we are officially in their crosshairs. I’m not going to go into all the acts of war against our adoption but whoever our children are, they are hated by the enemy and we best be putting on our armor because we are going into battle. 

Ok, I’m done with that random thought. Here’s a less serious one for you. I want to go to the beach. We didn’t go to the beach at all last year and I N-E-E-D some sand between my toes and the sound of the ocean in my ears. My side of the family is planning a week long trip to somewhere on the gulf coast in June and I cannot wait! Lance, on the other hand, can totally wait. He hates the beach. Sorry babe, but we are going to the beach! Momma needs it!

A shot I took on our last beach trip in 2011.

Since I mentioned Lance, here’s my final random thought; the Lord has blessed me with a totally awesome husband. I know I touched on this a bit in my last post, but he really is wonderful! He may not be the “tool time” guy who has all the handyman skills and can build/fix anything but he’s still got “handyman” skills if you know what I mean. He may not be the sophisticated business man type but he gets down to “business” if you know what I mean. Ok, I will stop embarrassing the poor man. He’s gonna kill me when he reads this. But seriously, I love that God handpicked this amazing man for me. He is an awesome husband and father! He is a blessing... if you know what I mean! :)

Until next time! -K

1 comment:

  1. :-) the last paragraph cracked me up...reminded me of days long ago playing apples to apples with you lol praying for y'all

    ReplyDelete