Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post-Election Day Thoughts for Christians


Well, it’s Post-Election Day! The internet and the television are in a frenzy about the outcome of this presidential election. I thought I would add my two cents for those of you who care enough to read it. Nothing ugly, I promise!

I vote, and I vote conservatively. I choose to vote this way for many reasons... I choose to vote on behalf of the unborn. I choose to vote in favor of less government bureaucracy not more. I choose to vote for biblical marriage. I choose to vote for less taxation and more responsible spending. 

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that I probably did not vote to re-elect the President. For several months, I’ve had a feeling that the President would remain in the White House, but that didn’t make me any less disappointed with the outcome of the election.

This morning, as I laid in bed thinking about things, I heard a simple question in my head, “What would you have said out loud in that moment had the election gone the way you had hoped?” It didn’t take me very long to reply inwardly, “I would have said, ‘Praise the Lord!’” Then another simple question popped up, “Why wouldn’t you still say that regardless of the outcome?” Oooooooooo, yowzers!

The truth of the matter is, as Christians, we SHOULD praise Him in every situation! I have continually heard people say, “God is in control,” “Jesus is still King,” etc. Yes, he most definitely is in control, and of course he is still King, but are we actively praising him for it regardless of whether we are satisfied or disappointed with our circumstances? 

I was sorely convicted before my feet had even touched the ground! Once I got up, I found this short Psalm. What a wonderful confirmation of what SHOULD be overflowing from my soul!



Psalm 146

Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord, O my soul!

I will praise the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.

Put not your trust in princes,
in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.

When his breath departs, he returns to the earth;
on that very day his plans perish.

Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the Lord his God,

who made heaven and earth,
the sea, and all that is in them,
who keeps faith forever;

who executes justice for the oppressed,
who gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets the prisoners free;

the Lord opens the eyes of the blind.
The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down;
the Lord loves the righteous.

The Lord watches over the sojourners;
he upholds the widow and the fatherless,
but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.

The Lord will reign forever,
your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the Lord!


Can anyone else say, “WOW!”? I mean how appropriate is that? Praise the Lord!

Until next time! -K

No comments:

Post a Comment